Pages

Sunday 10 March 2019

IT'S TIME TO GET ANGRY (GRETA THUNBERG)

"I would like to talk to people in power" the Swedish climate activist told AFP shortly after arriving in Davos for the annual World Economic Forum.

With the train trip from Stockholm, which took 32 hours, Thunberg was making a statement in opposition to many of the Davos elite, who flew in by private jet.

"I have stopped flying for climate reasons because I don't want to say one thing and do another thing. I want to practise as I preach", she said.

"Young people need to realize that their future is at risk. They need to do something about that and get angry and form that anger into action", she said, insisting that when children speak up they can have a "huge impact"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.